South Korea Questions

If you have a Korea related question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it.

  • Avatar

    Kizzy Kuhn

    May 24, 2022 at 4:42 am

    Great question! If you are on an employment visa and leave before your contract ends, you need a letter of release to be able to get a new visa or start a new job.

    If they do not give you a letter of release, you will be required to leave the country in two weeks. And, you might be barred from ever getting a Korean visa again. So, it is SUPER important that contracts for foreigners on an employment visa include a letter of release. Otherwise, you really can’t quit your job unless you intend to leave Korea or have the money to pursue legal action.