Activity Feed Join the group below and ask your questions Living Health Insurance for D-4 foreigners

  • Health Insurance for D-4 foreigners

    Posted by 🇧🇷 Julia Gulacsi on May 23, 2022 at 8:56 am

    Hey there!! Does anybody know private health insurances here in Korea that have a good price to recommend me? I am currently using the government insurance but it’s quite expensive to pay for the amount it covers, so I am looking for a different one. Currently I pay around KRW57.000, Do you know another one that covers more than 40% of hospital expenses for this price or even one that covers the same but for a cheaper price?

    Ivana Chrisnauli replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Avatar

    Bri Nasmyth

    May 24, 2022 at 4:21 am

    Unfortunately, since March 2021 all international students on D-4 and D-2 have to have National Health Insurance. If you don’t get it, you won’t be able to renew or change your visa.

    • Avatar

      🇧🇷 Julia Gulacsi

      June 10, 2022 at 2:28 pm

      even if we have a private health insurance?? is it required to be the one from the government??

  • Avatar

    Ivana Chrisnauli

    June 14, 2022 at 8:30 am

    Actually NHI is mandatory for all foreigner who stays in Korea more than 90 days. So, we need to pay it. You can have your private insurance too but it’s not mandatory. But I heard some people didn’t pay it because they only stay in Korea less than 6 months

Reply to: 🇧🇷 Julia Gulacsi
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018